|«||Frigate-heavy, standing by!
A Paris captain on alert status
The Paris-class heavy frigate is an escort ship in service to the United Nations Space Command.
It excels in mass deployment for direct combat and fleet support.
|«||The mainline warship for the UNSC fleet, the Paris frigate is a cheap vessel designed to be deployed in very large numbers.
The Paris's shipyard description
A ship mainly used for escort duties for the UNSC navy. Although bigger at 535 meters, better armed, with more armor than the Charon-class Light Frigate, it is still one of the smallest UNSC combat ships. They are dwarfed in size and firepower by nearly all Covenant ships, and as such are only effective in large groups.
Prior to the Insurrection of the late 25th century, the concept of a heavy frigate was considered a gross misuse of the UNSC's funding. In the years following the coup d'etat on Eridanus II and the rebels' capture of the UNSC Bellerophon, there was much more support for a shake-up of the UNSC's relatively lax and ill-defended fleet. These upgrades would take effect during the disastrous Operation: TREBUCHET. Several Paris-class heavy frigates saw action during the Fall of Reach and the class continues to serve in the post-war era.
Compared to its smaller sisters, the Charon and the Stalwart, the Paris is quite the upgrade. Boasting additional armor, a longer Magnetic Accelerator cannon, and more missiles, the ships can be used effectively in ship-to-ship engagements. Lacking a cargo bay, the Paris is only suited to ship-to-ship combat and minor ground support (it is one of a few UNSC ships that can be used in atmosphere).
Weapons and Tactical Usage
Individually, even against Innie ships, Paris-class frigates are unimpressive. Although an improvement over other frigates, they have very low health and deal little damage compared to destroyers and capital ships. Their AA guns are less effective than those of the Stalwart and they have less utility than the Charon.
However, the Paris shines in its low cost, short production time, good speed, and the firepower it can add to any fleet when produced in large numbers facilitated by being dirt cheap, with MACs that bolster their fleet's first strike damage. Large numbers of these ships can screen a formation, helping the cruisers and carriers to survive longer or helping to defend them at closer ranges. Benefitting a lot from naval coilgun upgrades to bolster its firepower, along with MAC and missile upgrades, it can be granted the following features:
- Evasive Maneuvers: The Paris is renowned for being an extremely agile warship, and is often helmed by some of the most enthusiastic maverick navigators in the fleet. In battle these pilots will occasionally be able to dodge incoming fire altogether, ensuring the relatively fragile frigate can survive even in fierce battles.
- Gives the ship a noticeable evasion bonus.
- Longbow Warheads: The most common type of alternative warheads in use by the UNSC, the Longbow is designed to shatter the hull of its target, exposing the hull beneath to greater damage from other attacks.
- Reduces the enemy armor rating slightly on impact.
The Paris should be present, and in sizeable quantities, in any UNSC fleet. Always have a lot on hand as soon as possible. A solid ship to have, Paris's should make up the bulk of any general combat fleet. Expect to take sizeable losses, but with a half-decent economy and a nearby staging area they will be easy to replace.
- The Paris-class shares some aspects and assets with the Hillsborough-class light destroyer; they have a very similar prow and use the same fleet HUD icon.
- The ship's name likely references a character in the tales of the Trojan War: Paris was a prince of Troy who slew the invulnerable Greek hero Achilles by shooting him in the heel with a bow.
- The ship's "Longbow" warheads also possibly reference this; Paris was an archer and their armor rending-capabilities likely refer to Paris's bypassing of Achilles' supernatural protection.
- Model - Ringleader w/ Annihilater102 edits
- Texture - Annihilater102
- Model - Malcontent1692
- Texture - Malcontent1692
|Capital vessels||Artemis Battlecruiser • Epoch Heavy Carrier • Marathon Heavy Cruiser • Orion Assault Carrier • Phoenix Support Vessel • Point Blank Stealth Cruiser • Punic Supercarrier • Thanatos Battleship • Valiant Super-Heavy Cruiser|
|Combat vessels||Charon Light Frigate • Gladius AAA Corvette • Halberd Destroyer • Halcyon Light Cruiser • Halcyon 'Refit' Cruiser • Hillsborough Light Destroyer • Paris Frigate • Stalwart AAA Frigate • Strident Heavy Frigate|
|Other||Gyges Construction Drone • Hermes Freighter|
|Strikecraft||Baselard Bomber • Broadsword Fighter • Longsword Bomber • Longsword Interceptor • Sabre Starfighter|
|Support vessels||Athens Carrier • Cradle Repair Ship • Geneva Envoy • Noryang Light Carrier • Phoenix Colony Ship • Razor Prowler • Sahara Heavy Prowler • Winter Prowler|
|Obsolete||Autumn Heavy Cruiser • Berlin Frigate • Eion Light Carrier • Hephaestus ACU • Mako Corvette • Sloop Corvette • Thermopylae Supercarrier|