|«||Phoenix Spaceways - your new life awaits!
A Phoenix colony ship's captain touting her company's motto
Phoenix-class colony ship
The Phoenix-class colony ship is a support ship in service to the United Nations Space Command.
It excels in the acquisition of new territory and establishing orbital footholds.
|«||A large, undefended vessel that is used to colonize new worlds, Phoenix-classes are also able to be recycled to create Anchor starbases upon instruction.
The Phoenix colony ship's shipyard description
First introduced in as late as the 24th century these ships were designed for transporting thousands of human settlers to new colony worlds. When war with the Insurrection escalated ships of this class were refitted for combat. However, it was not very cost effective to refit every ship of the class due to the class's size, so many were not. The few Helix AA guns added onto the hull do little more than deter the occasional pirate's fighter squadron. Seeing limited use during both the Insurrection and the Human-Covenant war, these ships were essential in the post-war era, when recolonization of lost and glassed worlds became a priority.
Late in the war, Phoenix Spaceways won the contract to use their vessels as construction platforms for Anchor Stations, a role which the Hephaestus-class Automated Construction Units traditionally fulfilled. This was one of the first times a colonial company received a military contract.
Weapons and Tactical Usage
These ships have no offensive capabilities, and what defenses they have can barely be called defensive weapons. Thus, other vessels like frigates and cruisers acting as security are required when traveling in contested space. They can, however, make use of a number of abilities to help the UNSC expand:
- Crew Extractor: Sends a work crew to operate extractors found in neutral territory.
- Captures a nearby asteroid extractor.
- Colonize: Sends supplies and personnel down to the surface of a planet to create a new outpost.
- Claims an unowned planet if colonizable.
- Construct Starbase: Begins construction of an Anchor Station at the Phoenix's present location. The Phoenix is consumed in the process.
- Moving to the designated spot, an Anchor automatically begins to build itself. This can be done in any gravity well, and choosing Hood as your admiral allows additional stations to be placed.
Even with the highest of armor and Helix upgrades, it only has a fraction of the durability of its upgraded brethren and can barely fend off fighters, never mind bombers. Needless to say, they require an escort to ensure survival and security whenever they head into hostile territory.
- Model - Annihilater102
- Texture - Annihilater102
- The Hephaestus-class is removed, with the Phoenix-class becoming the new starbase constructor for the UNSC.
- The Starbase ability research is changed to avoid confusion with the removed Hephaestus-class ACU.
- Phoenix-Class Colony Ship (halo.wikia)
|Capital vessels||Artemis Battlecruiser • Epoch Heavy Carrier • Marathon Heavy Cruiser • Orion Assault Carrier • Phoenix Support Vessel • Point Blank Stealth Cruiser • Punic Supercarrier • Thanatos Battleship • Valiant Super-Heavy Cruiser|
|Combat vessels||Charon Light Frigate • Gladius AAA Corvette • Halberd Destroyer • Halcyon Light Cruiser • Halcyon 'Refit' Cruiser • Hillsborough Light Destroyer • Paris Frigate • Stalwart AAA Frigate • Strident Heavy Frigate|
|Other||Gyges Construction Drone • Hermes Freighter|
|Strikecraft||Baselard Bomber • Broadsword Fighter • Longsword Bomber • Longsword Interceptor • Sabre Starfighter|
|Support vessels||Athens Carrier • Cradle Repair Ship • Geneva Envoy • Noryang Light Carrier • Phoenix Colony Ship • Razor Prowler • Sahara Heavy Prowler • Winter Prowler|
|Obsolete||Autumn Heavy Cruiser • Berlin Frigate • Eion Light Carrier • Hephaestus ACU • Mako Corvette • Sloop Corvette • Thermopylae Supercarrier|