The Valiant-class super-heavy cruiser is a capital ship in service to the United Nations Space Command. It excels in fleet command and direct combat.
Overview[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
A modification of the versatile Marathon-class cruiser, the Valiant-class was originally going to be scrapped when problems arose with its high cost and delays with installing its next-generation fusion reactors. However, the escalating violence in the early years of the Insurrection forced the navy to refit the design as a command ship, where its impressive fleet management systems made it a favorite among admirals and battlegroup leaders.
This preference remained throughout the Human-Covenant war, with fleet admirals taking Valiant cruisers as flagships. The Valiant proved to be extremely effective against covenant targets and, as such, many battles in which the UNSC won were commanded by such vessels. The Everest, a modified Valiant was Admiral Preston J. Cole's flagship throughout much of the war. The Everest claimed several important, but often costly, Human victories such as the Second Battle for Harvest. Sadly, the Admiral and his ship were reported lost during the battle of Psi Serpentis taking an entire Covenant armada of hundreds of ships with them. This was the fatal flaw of the Valiant: the loss of one such ship was a major setback to the UNSC, requiring valuable resources, time and manpower to replace.
Weapons and Tactical Usage[edit | edit source]
Equipped with twin magnetic accelerator cannons, missiles and autocannons like the Marathon, the Valiant packs a punch in direct combat. However her main strengths come from its fleet buff abilities and high damage support weapons.
As of 0.90 Warlords beta, the Valiant can only be researched and built if Vice-Admiral Preston Cole is chosen for a UNSC player.
- Flag Bridge: The Valiant links up with the fleet, increasing range for both the Valiant and all friendly ships in the AOE. This allows UNSC ships the valuable first strike in opening engagements. Can only be picked at Level 3.
- Evasion: Autocast ability. Valiant is able to evade enemy fire with good maneuvering
- Incendiary Archer Missiles: The Valiant's Archer missile pods do extra damage
- AI Fire Control: Autocastable ability, buffs the Valiant and nearby allies range and damage, but at the cost of speed and other penalties.
These ships high cost makes them a heavy loss if destroyed, and are best kept at the center of the fleet, aiding her allies with support abilities and softening up the enemy with their nukes. It is likely best to have one to two in a fleet (depending on size and intended purpose) and have them kept to the rear of combat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
- New Model - Malcontent1692
- New Texture - Malcontent1692
- Old Model - Annihilater102
- Old Texture - Annihilater102